Sunday 26 October 2014

Halloween Ideas!

So this week I've been looking at Pinterest to find some awesome ideas for Halloween goodies. I was planning on making some cakes for this post but my student budget was a bit restricting *boooooo*.
However, I did make some ghost bananas one of my favourite finds this week and this idea was posted by Poundland! So simple, yet so nice! Chop a banana in half, put two chocolate chip eyes and a chocolate button mouth!

Poundland_7_Halloween_Shot_13_005
image source: http://www.poundland.co.uk/great-ideas/ghost-bananas-recipe/
They are literally so easy and similar stuff can be done with other fruit, for example, dip some strawberries in white chocolate and after the have set, use icing to make skull faces. The creativity is endless! I've also seen people carve out satsumas, then carve faces similar to a pumpkin, the size of them makes them perfect as a table decoration!

I've made these simple milk carton ghosts, which I think look pretty good!
- Draw a face on your carton preferably with a black sharpie.
- Once you've done this cut out the bottom of the milk carton
- Place a white light underneath and switch off the lights!
Milk Carton Ghost Decoration

I've also had the opportunity to dress up this week for work. I'm employed in a fancy dress 80's bar, so this week we went for the THRILLER theme! I didn't have a lot of options for clothing, but made effort with my facepaint and bought some all-black contact lenses from a local fancy dress shop. For me, I felt the contacts were a great addition to the look and I would recommend them to anyone! I bought some last year as well and I've never had problems with them. Many people worry about the online ratings and reviews, I usually do take these into account but from personal use they have been fine for me! The only thing I dislike about them is how long it takes to get them in, I must have been trying to get them in for 40 or so - just as a pre-warning it's not as easy as it may seem!

Thriller Theme at work.


No comments:

Post a Comment