Sunday 23 November 2014

What's the best Christmas ad?

So as you all will know Christmas is around the corner meaning that the adverts are spamming our TV's in attempt to grab us in their stores for the festive season. But like every other year, there's the small selection of Chirstmas heart-warmers, 'The holidays are coming', John Lewis and there story-like sequence and this year making it new to the scene is Sainsburys which have chosen to support The Royal British Legion.

I always have to choose a favourite, and it's usually discussed in the family too, John Lewis always does a great job at catching my heart strings, especially when it's loaded with cute snowmen or penguins. They centre around family life and that's something of which I can relate too. 

'Holidays are Coming' is THE best advert to see when you're cautiously waiting around for Christmas to 'officially' begin. I chant it round the house, I shout everyone into the room when I first see it and it generally puts a smile on my face. However, I don't actually feel it changes my buying habits of coca-cola. This year I'm making the effort to go and see the coca-cola truck as it nearby. You can type in your postcode online to find if it will be visiting near you. I'll definatley be grabbing some pictures so don't worry too much if you miss out!

Finally, Sainsburys, such a good attempt at the Christmas advert this year and I like how it appears as more of a feature rather than a classic ad. The involvement of the chocolate is particularly clever in my opinion, I like how you can buy the exact same product in store, however this is nothing new with Monty the penguin printed on duvets, pj's and everything else possible in the John Lewis selection. I do find it great how they have chosen to support a Charity, especially at Christmas time. It's nice to think that people get together to support others, so hi5 to Sainsburys for not considering only themselves this Christmas. 

But my favourite is still John Lewis and #MontyThePenguin, it's just so cute!!
PS- a Monty is on my Christmas List!

What's your favourite ad this year?

Rach x

No comments:

Post a Comment