After layering loo roll on my face and plying/ripping with some tweezers it began to resemble flesh. I added a contact lense to my 'dead eye' and basically just worked with some make up that we have in the house to create the effect.
I also hand made a little floral headband similar to the ones I kept lusting over on my Instagram feed. I wasn't feeling too optimistic about my creativity, but it paid off and I'm even thinking about making one for my brothers wedding haha (minus the blood splats)
For little under £20, I was able to create a good Halloween face and despite not having a costume I still felt that I had made a reasonable effort.
Latex is definitely something I want to learn more about and I think I'll be doing some more experiments in the future.
Please excuse my terrible hair and bare face in the photographs.
Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween!